Oracle 9i2 and Fedora Core 2

Alberto M R Davila amrdavila at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 11:12:28 UTC 2004

There are several manuals for it:

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/9i/Oracle9iInstallationOnFedora1.php

http://dizwell.com/html/9i_-_fedora_core_1.html

This links used to work and was a good one, not sure it is still alive:

http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.html

I don know about any manual for installing it in FC2, but if somebody
knows, please kindly share it wit us. All I can say is that the
installation of Oracle 9i (even the last update/patch) in FC1 is a real
pain... I did already 10 times, only 3 successfully... try to follow the
above mentioned manuals then your chances of success will increase.

On your Java, you cal also put in the .bashrc file of the "oracle" user
this:

export JAVA_HOME=/path/of/your/oracle/installation/java/bin

I remember it worked, however the best way is to install your java via
RPM:

http://fedoranews.org/tchung/sunjava/

and use the right path in your .bashrc file:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_03

No matter what manual you follow, you will have to use the patches
mentioned by the Dizwell site, so be prepared and try to get them from
Oracle.

Good luck.

Alberto