new gtk 2.4 file chooser

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Jul 20 12:08:42 UTC 2004

How is that helpfull in order to get a prompt that let's me do tab
expansion, with regular expressions, and multiple file selection?

My problem isn't seeing the dotfiles but selecting, for instance, 10 log
files of a given date on a directory that has some dozens or hundreds of
them.

Previously I could do:

C-A-a
/opt/app/logs/200403<tab><tab> (get a list of all logs starting like
that)
Select all and click ok.

It's a hell to do this now.

Rui

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 12:19 +0900, sangu wrote:
> 1. Mouse right key click in GtkFileChooser dialog.
> http://gnome.or.kr/moniwiki/pds/GtkFileChooser/HiddenFile.png
>
> 2. "Show Hidden files" Check.
> http://gnome.or.kr/moniwiki/pds/GtkFileChooser/ShowHiddenFile.png
>
> 3. See hidden files like ".gtkrc" file.
>
> On 월, 2004-07-19 at 14:27 +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running on rawhide, and Evolution 1.5.90 is patched to use the nice
> > new file chooser from gtk 2.4
> >
> > However, I have a gripe that is likely solved with some black magic on
> > ~/.gtkrc or some gconf key I haven't found out yet so I wonder...
> >
> > How do I get the path prompt working? It's much faster to open files by
> > using the prompt with tab expansion and regular expressions to select
> > certain files than scrolling and being limited to point and click.
> >
> > I probably would be satisfied if at least keyboard strokes would have
> > any effect into searching files...
> >
> > Rui

+ So let's do it...?