Email Signatures

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Tue Jul 20 13:54:56 UTC 2004

Good afternoon.

Some one mentioned several months ago, that there is a "standard" way of
having signatures appear on an email, so that when replying the original
signature is stripped, and as such prevents constant duplication of
redundant data.

I thought this was stipulated by having "-- " in a line of it's own
above the signature, but that does not appear to work. If any one knows
of an RFC on this, I would appreciate a link to it (I had a quick look
but couldn't find any thing).

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator