Simple database

Philip A. Chapman pchapman at pcsw.us
Wed Jul 21 02:06:28 UTC 2004

VJ wrote:
> Is there a simple front-end available for SQLite? I was thinking of
> suggesting that, but then I did otherwise.
> VJ

Gambas (http://gambas.sourceforge.net) supports SQLite, as well as
PostgreSQL, MySQL and others.  It's an Object oriented BASICish language
which resembles, but does not try to reverse engineer Visual Basic.  It
also has a pretty good IDE.

This doesn't give you the point/click/drag/drop easy creation properties
of Access.  However, it would be easy to use it to create a front end
with a rudimentary of programming skills and little bit of reading.  The
user list is quite active, so help isn't far away.

Enjoy,
--
Philip A. Chapman

Application Development:
Java, Visual Basic (MCP), PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
Linux, Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP