Laptop fan never turns off, please help.

Francisco Figueiredo Jr. fxjrlists at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jul 21 03:38:18 UTC 2004

Hi all.

I just bought a Gateway m350 notebook and installed fc2 in it. Now I noticed
that my fan doesn't turn off. Is there something I can do about it? I found
many references about that with toshiba notebooks in archives, but nothing
about other laptops fans.

Could you point me where can I get my fan to turn off correctly?? I mean, turn
off and turn on depending on temperature automatically?

ACPI is working as I can get laptop battery status and I have /proc/acpi
available.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.