Gaim Upload

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 21 07:14:29 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 11:39:41PM +0200, Tim Raats wrote:

> I have a problem when I send files to friends with Gaim. The maximum
> upload speed of sending files is 6 kb/s. But my normal upload speed is
> 64KB/s.... How can I increase the speed of sending files ?

just curious.. when you make the file transfer is it host to host
or through the messenger service.   Since gaim understands a list
of IM service types be sure to specify which is involved.

Snoop (tethereal, tcpdump...) some packets and cross check the IP
addresses to see if the connection is to your friends box directly
or if the transfer is via a proxy/ agent.

If you think about this -- no wonder companies are flipping out
over IM services as a security problem.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	/dev/dull where insight begins.