[FC2] Nautilus doesn't preview audio files

Steven Op de beeck steven at opdebeeck.org
Wed Jul 21 11:17:15 UTC 2004

Marc Deslauriers wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that Nautilus doesn't seem to preview .ogg and .mp3
> files anymore?
>
> Using FC1, I could just set the mouse over an .ogg file and Nautilus
> would play a bit of it. This seems to be gone in FC2.
>
> Can anyone check if it works for them, please.

I'm having other problems as well.

Nautilus doesn't automaticly generate thumbnails for any of my
pictures. Though I'm sure it did do so in FC1. The only option known
to me is to manually run gthumb. From then on, nautilus show these
thumbs, however, not on newly added files... so you have to repeat the
gthumb part.

It does seem to work on avi's and mpg's (using totem?).

A nautilus function I'm lacking since updating to FC2 is the fact that
it opens images inline. I though it was very useful, but I can't seem
to make nautilus do it in FC2.

--
mvg,
Steven