Ethernet card does not work with FC2

Alberto M R Davila amrdavila at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 11:31:04 UTC 2004

Hi John,

It is exactly as in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts:

# Intel Corp.|82801BA/BAM/CA/CAM Ethernet Controller
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
HWADDR=00:00:39:DE:29:3F
IPADDR=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=no
GATEWAY=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.
IPV6INIT=no

Should I try a source (which one ?) from fedora site and try a fresh
installation by "make" and "make install" ?

Thanks, Alberto