Ethernet card does not work with FC2

Andrea Marin amarin at mr-service.it
Wed Jul 21 12:36:11 UTC 2004

I see that you have the ipV4 and ipV6 in the same interface "eth0" I'm
not an expert but I think that this is one problem

inet addr:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
inet6 addr: fe80::200:39ff:fede:293f/64

you can try to put in your "ifcfg-eth0" file only this option including
your first line

# Intel Corp.|82801BA/BAM/CA/CAM Ethernet Controller
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
HWADDR=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
IPADDR=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
NETMASK=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
NETWORK=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet

I understand that you have a laptop, if you have a pcmcia network-card
you must check if your card is support to linux because I have a laptop
whit a Allied Telesyn 2800TX pcmcia-card that is configured in the
/etc/sysconfig/netywork-script/ifcfg-eth0 and when I lunch the script
./network status everything is good but she doesn't work because she
isn't support whit the linux.

Bye Andrea