Gnome - Session start-up

M3 Freak m3freak at rogers.com
Wed Jul 21 14:14:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 11:58, Bob Chiodini wrote:
> An alternative:
>
> Preferences->Sound Preferences->System Events(tab)->Log in.
>
> You'll have to enable sound events under the General Tab.

This has never (RH9, FC1 and now FC2) worked for me, and I cannot figure
out why.  Other system events generate sound without fail.  But, the
login sound never plays (I've tested it many times...the sound plays
when I hit the "test" button).

The logout sound works, but not all that well. Sometimes the entire
sound plays, but most of the time it gets cut off.

Not a big issue, but it's one little teeny problem I would like to fix.
:)

Kanwar
Systems Aligned Inc.
www.systemsaligned.com