what is Core 2?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Jul 21 16:16:22 UTC 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, jabmist wrote:

> I am a little confused as to what Core 1 and Core 2 are.

fedora core is the distribution, 1 and 2 are version numbers.

> If I installed core 1 and am up2date on all updates,
> is that the same as core 2?

no, you get all the patches and updates to core 1.

> Can someone point me to a website that explains this?

fedora was a project to package useful tools that either weren't or
couldn't be packaged for redhat and  manage them relative to milestone
releases for regular redhat. post merger, you have the core os (fedora)
and 3rd party packagers working more closely on that relationship.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu