NIC drops all packages

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 16:28:43 UTC 2004

Mark wrote:
> I have apm=off in the boot parameters. Maybe I should turn them both off?

To be honest, we're somewhat grasping at straws here. But ACPI does a
lot more than APM. It can't hurt to try turning them both off...

... provided, of course, you keep a pristine boot option in grub.conf
in case you've got one of those very rare systems that needs ACPI to
boot. They're very rare, but becoming more common.

HTH,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | "Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind,
westexe.demon.co.uk    | indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."