Laptop fan never turns off, please help.

Francisco Figueiredo Jr. fxjrlists at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jul 21 17:10:54 UTC 2004

Hi Erik,

I just wanted to let you know that the fan turned off after sometime of usage.
When I saw the temperature of the thermal zone it was in 54 Celsius degrees.

I noticed the fan was turned off and could be sure by watching
/proc/acpi/fan/FAN1 status.

And so when I was starting to be worried about this turn off it turned on
again.

I will keep watching to see if stays on and off correctly.

This also makes me think about when the FAN2 and FAN3 would be turned on...
Just when the temperature is 80 Celsius??

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.