Accounting

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 21 19:58:14 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 15:25, J.L. Coenders wrote:
> Hi,
> Can any of you recommend a good accounting application for Linux? I want to
> try doing the accounting of my company with something more advanced than a
> spreadsheet.
> I am looking for a program which is able to use the European/Dutch manner of
> accounting, balance sheets, etc. etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeroen

You may want to take a look at sql-ledger.  http://www.sql-ledger.com/

I have loaded it on a box in prep of evaluating it but have not worked
with it more than that yet.

The mailing list seems to have a reasonable amount of traffic.  And the
developer can be hired for support.

Uses a postgresql database with a web based front end.  Looks good so
far but I am not the account.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Do you think that illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?