problem with bind

Daniel Chénard dchenard at infoteck.qc.ca
Wed Jul 21 20:28:36 UTC 2004

The ipv6 modules is unload both on the client and the server. and
mozilla, ssh do ipv6 request on the named server.  I cannot understand
why ipv6 is "stock" on a distribution.

It's really weird.

Also, I disable the named.root on the dns server and if I do a ssh
# ssh exemple

I see some request ipv6 to the destination 128.63.2.53 (an NS Root)
192.41.0.4 (another NS root)

That's realy weird, i dont understand...  someone can tel me if an
Debian named server do that???

--
Daniel Chénard
SysAdmin Unix