3ware device names

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 01:10:16 UTC 2004

Hi Joel,

> > I have a 3ware controller in a new server I just
> > received, and have installed FC1 on it. The
> controller
> > is detected but I can't find the devices hanging
> off
> > it at all. It's got 4 250gb PATA drives on the
> > controller.
>
> first you assign them to a unit in the 3ware
> controller's bios, hit alt-3
> when the 3ware bios screen is up, (either a stripe
> of one kind or other,
> or jbod) then they show up as /dev/sd(a)(b)(c)

That's where my problem is. I've assigned the 4 250's
under a raid 5 array within the 3ware, but when
booting into FC1 I don't see any /dev/sd? devices.

Is there some way I can check the 3ware driver is
loaded properly? (I saw kudzu install support for it
on bootup).

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com