Simple database

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Thu Jul 22 13:43:24 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 02:19, Andrea Giuliano wrote:
> Dear Tim,
>
> do you actually need a graphical interface to your database? If your
> database is really "simple", maybe you could consider the trivial
> approach of using the GNU commands join, grep, cut, awk, sort and several
> others to solve your problem.
<snip>
I do need the GUI or text based with boxes for the fields, if I find one
I'll use it at work but my father is 70 and he's just got the email
thing down, that almost killed me :-)  I don't know how many times I
said  "JUST WAIT ! STOP CLICKING ALL OVER THE PLACE !"

Thanks to all for the many suggestions I've saved them all.