Fedora 2 on IBM Thinkpad r40e 2684

David Smith dsmith at programmablesolutions.net
Thu Jul 22 13:57:21 UTC 2004

Here is a site about Fedora on this particualar model:
http://freedomink.org/node/view/105. I usually use
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ to find out about whether linux works
on a particular notebook. Most distros are close to the same as far as
working on hardware. Setup might be just a bit different, but it doesn't
take long to figure out. As far as a cheap notebook you could always
look on auction sites like ebay, and then refer back to the linux on
laptops page to figure out support issues.
David