Backups

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jul 22 15:51:29 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 23:56, Satish Balay wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Jeff Vian wrote:
>

> > The images with mondorescue are easily configured to be rescue/restore
> > images, bootable and easily used to do a complete barebones restore.
>
> I wanted all the images to be on a USB hdd - and during the rescue
> mode - boot off the image cd - and get the recovery going from the iso
> images stored on the USB hdd. When I tried the recovery step -
> something didn't work (there were errors).

I've to jump in here..

I use 2 diff versions of backup.. both are HD to HD.

I have my own rsync script that does a 7 days rotation to another Backup
server. (unfortunately it's located side by side.. )

The other method is using mirrordir (which I've read from linuxjournal )
http://www.geocities.com/scottlhenderson/mirrordir_4_OS_recovery.html
 which does a mirroring like copy.

Works great..

Can be used for your USB HD Backup too satish

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel