gmail invite for anyone that can answer question

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 22 19:54:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 15:44, Jose Moreno wrote:
> i copy the rpm...x.x.x..x to /tmp
> and try to run and get this error:
>
> BAD, Read returned 52594
> error: /temp/kernel .xx.x.x.x.x. cannot be installed.
> i think it might be a bad download as i'm doing what most of you suggested.
> let me try another CD.

I re-read your first message.  Are you just trying to install a new
kernel?

If you were not able to upgrade the kernel using yum (would be the best
way) then you need to verify that the rpm you downloaded is valid.
Should be able to get the md5sum for the kernel rpm.

Once you get the rpm on your system the command:

rpm -ivh kernel.rpm  (or what ever name the kernel you are trying to
load is called)

How about posting the exact name of the kernel you are trying to load
and the site you are getting it from?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com