netgear ma311

Price Technology pricetech at charter.net
Thu Jul 22 23:57:53 UTC 2004

presterd at libero.it wrote:
> Hi all,
> fc2 can't recognize PCI wireless card Netgear ma311. kudzu doesn't
> detect any change
> I don't know if it is caused by PCI slot faulted (I've used
> alternatively 2 distintc slots)
> I 've loaded orinoco_pci by modprobe and it seems running
> The command iwconfig prints out that are no wireless cards
>
> Any ideas ?
> Thanks a lot
> dp

You may have already solved this, I'm a little behind on my reading;
The 311 is a PCI frame for the 411 PCMCIA NIC.  The 411 is compatible,
but I'm not sure the 311 is.

I'll be loading FC2 on a system that used to run Shrike famously and
I'll try the 311/411 combo on it and let you know what my results are.

Joebewan