Printing to a Windows print server with Samba

Steve Fink stevef at netvantix.com
Fri Jul 23 13:35:51 UTC 2004

Al,

I just tested this type of configuration.  It worked fine.

Using the gui System Settings --> Printing interface to CUPS.

During the printer setup it asked for Queue Type and I used SMB and inside
those options it asked for Share: (I'm sure this is the most important
piece of the puzzle) I located the share name on the Windows box, under
the Properties of the print queue, HPLaserJ.  I put this in exactly as
shown.  Then I filled out the rest of the info, User: Password: IP
address: (I would recommend IP over hostname) and Workgroup.

Hope this info helps.

Best,

Steve