New mailman problem

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Fri Jul 23 15:21:30 UTC 2004

I recently downloaded and installed the new mailman rpm that yum has
been offering for some time now, the most recent update.  I put it off
for some time because I didn't want to risk messing up my one active
mailing list.  Since I installed the new rpm (I think it was two days
ago) I've been getting a message in my email every morning saying that
"List mailman has -1 moderator requests pending".  As far as I know,
there is no real list titled mailman.  It's listed on the listinfo page,
but when I click the link it reloads the same page I was just on, and I
can't access the admin page for it because I can't get past the
/mailman/listinfo page.  I never have been able to.  I created the list
mailman so that mailmand wouldn't give me the stupid "site list missing"
error when I try to start the service.  Has anyone had this problem with
-1 moderator requests pending?  Does anyone know how to fix it, or
otherwise how to roll back to the previously installed rpm?