SOLVED: Installing Fedora on Dell Optiplex

Dave Prentice prentice at instruction.com
Fri Jul 23 20:12:08 UTC 2004

Hello,
A few days ago I sent a message about difficulty installing K12KTSP,
based on Fedora Core 1, on a Dell Optiplex. Since this is a
terminal/server setup, it requires two NICs. After a great deal of
Easter-egg-hunting, the problem turned out to be some sort of hardware
conflict between eth1 and the video. I put in a different NIC and it
works fine. The old one was ISA, and the new one is PCI.
Dave Prentice
prentice at instruction.com