Install FC 2 with 16 MB Ram

John Thompson JohnThompson at new.rr.com
Fri Jul 23 23:52:22 UTC 2004

Frederico Madeira wrote:

> It is possible ??? i have some machines P100 Mhz with 200 MB disk and 16
> Mb ram and i need to install linux to make them as servers.

Fedora's probably not what you want for this hardware.  There are
several small-footprint linux distributions you could try.  We use
NetBSD here as it can fit on some pretty small drives and still work well.

But I have to wonder -- with 16MB RAM and only 200MB of HD, what exactly
are you hoping to serve from these machines?  We use low-spec NetBSD on
our firewall but I can't imagine much you could accomplish much as a
server with that hardware.

--

-John (john at os2.dhs.org)