fedora -1394 Firewire problem

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at nc.rr.com
Sat Jul 24 15:13:38 UTC 2004

Tobi,

Edward recalls correctly that firewire support was disable because of
instability.  But with the latest kernel (at least 2.6.6) you can get it
to work.  I recently got my Apple iPod to work with FC2 connected via a
Belkin PCI 3-port Firewire card.  Below are links to my blog explaining
what I had to do to get it to work.

Firewire card seen by FC2 -
http://jroller.com/page/jmrodri/20040705

Apple iPod recognized -
http://jroller.com/page/jmrodri/20040707

Good luck.  If you have any questions please feel free to email me at
jmrodri at nc.rr.com.

Sincerely,
Jesus