Mysql4 warning: PHP update kills it

Michael Dykman michael at dykman.org
Sat Jul 24 19:17:46 UTC 2004

I have been using my own builds of mysql 4.1 on a number of linux
systemslately.  Might I suggest using the rpm tool to remove the mysql
(3.x) package and then install your hand-built 4.1?  This will take
mysql out of the package database altogether and prevent the updater
from dealing with it. The same goes for PHP which will not be able to
connect to a 4.x mysql server with it's build-in 3.23 client.

--
 - michael dykman
 - michael at dykmman.org