Open ports on FC2

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Jul 24 19:56:49 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 24.07.2004 schrieb John Dangler um 21:47:

> > I went to the ShieldsUP!!! site and ran the file sharing and common ports
> > tests.  According to the results, I allowed ping to reply to their server
> > via ICMP echo, and I have port 21 (ftp) and 23 (telnet) open.  How do I:

> nmap localhost reveals:
> 22/tcp open SSH
> 25/tcp open smtp
> 111/tcp open rpcbind

You better block the RPC portmapper from outside connects or even shut
the service down if you don't run an NFS server.

> 631/tcp open ipp
> 3306/tcp open mysql

TCP connections from outside to MySQL shouldn't be necessary either.

> 32770/tcp open sometimes-rpc3
> 32771/tcp open sometimes-rpc5

What the portscan service reported you about ports 21 and 23 can't be
true due to what your nmap run reports. Though running nmap on localhost
is not that much reliable. Better nmap from outside to get results like
any other from outside would see.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.ad.umlsmp
Serendipity 21:52:20 up 2 days, 6:40, load average: 0.26, 0.27, 0.18