Open ports on FC2

netmask netmask at enZotech.net
Sat Jul 24 20:36:00 UTC 2004

You can follow the others advice for iptables stuff.. or shutting down
services.. in addition, you could block ICMP via iptables..

but I prefer to disable it via proc

echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all

However.. ICMP serves a purpose.. if you are running a server, it isn't
recommended that you disable it.

You can find all open ports, and what applications are using them via:
lsof -i -n

--
netmask