Fedora Core 2/ Gnome / Active directory

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Sun Jul 25 00:02:12 UTC 2004

I have a friend who is wanting to login to his existing active directory
windows network from nautilus.  Unfortunately I do not have a windows
network at all, let alone active directory (hey, NFSv3 rules :-), so I
can't really check this out.  Could someone explain where you have to go
to set your windows username and password and get logged in?  I believe
the active directory controller or whatever they call it is win200 and
not win2003.

I could always do something via /etc/fstab but I'd like for him to have
the gnomevfs smb:/// stuff working.

Thanks for any assistance!

-Steve Bergman