Fedora Core 2/ Gnome / Active directory

Micheal sundance at sundanceloki.com
Sun Jul 25 00:10:22 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 19:02, Steve Bergman wrote:
> I have a friend who is wanting to login to his existing active directory
> windows network from nautilus.  Unfortunately I do not have a windows
> network at all, let alone active directory (hey, NFSv3 rules :-), so I
> can't really check this out.  Could someone explain where you have to go
> to set your windows username and password and get logged in?  I believe
> the active directory controller or whatever they call it is win200 and
> not win2003.
>
> I could always do something via /etc/fstab but I'd like for him to have
> the gnomevfs smb:/// stuff working.
>
> Thanks for any assistance!
>
> -Steve Bergman

From what I remember, he could just use his "Network servers" button
from the menu and browse to the server he is needing to login into.

When he gets there it should  prompt for User name, password and domain,
and have a check box to save for the current session.

This should work for active directory as well, though I have not tested
it yet

HTH

--
Micheal <sundance at sundanceloki.com>