Where's the other printing system?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jul 25 01:04:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 20:48, Dave Washburn wrote:

> Actually, that's the whole problem: I set CUPS to use the SMB shared printer
> and it still can't talk to it.  I'm ready to try anything short of a sledge
> hammer at this point.

I posted a message in the last few days with details on how I setup
linux to windows printing.

I believe the real trick is very careful attention to user permissions
and login data when setting up the printer on both the linux and windows
side.

Make sure you configure samba to be in the same workgroup and use user
security.

With Red Hat 8.0 I had given up on this also.  Once I had it working
with FC1 I was able to go back and sort out Red Hat 8.0 printing.  In
that case I was unable to the the redhat-config-printer tool, I had to
use the CUPS interface to setup the print queue.

In FC1 and FC2 I was able use system-config-printer to set everything
up.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember, it didn't help
the rabbit.
		-- R.E. Shay