Where's the other printing system?

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Sun Jul 25 01:55:47 UTC 2004

On Saturday 24 July 2004 18:38, Keith wrote:

> > > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=LPRng+fedora+lexmark+z33&hl=en&lr=&ie
> > >=UTF-8&selm=caet9k01fch%40news2.newsguy.com&rnum=1
> >
> > Hu? Dave has to only configure CUPS to use the SMB shared printer and
> > not erase the whole CUPS system and replace it by LPRng.
>
> Dave said he wants to revert FC2 to use LPRng aand that is the method
> to uninstall CUPS and use LPRng.

I did it all, including removing some other CUPS rpm's (devel, lib and such)
and now I'm really screwed.  The Lexmark driver for the Z53 is an rpm file,
not a tarball, and LPRng can't find it.  To further complicate matters, it
appears that this driver ONLY works with a local printer, not a networked
one, and for !@#$ sure not a Samba-networked one.  To make things even more
fun, a lot of other programs are now fuming because one of the cups-lib files
is missing.  This is more fun than putting my whatchamacallits through a
wringer...barely.

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur