Suggestion for addition of packages

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Sun Jul 25 04:58:31 UTC 2004

Hey

Here add these entries to your /etc/yum.conf file as is:

[core]
name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - core
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/core
[core alt]
name=Secsup.org $releasever - $basearch - core
baseurl=http://redhat.secsup.org/fedora/core/2/i386/os/

[updates]
name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - updates
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/updates

[update alt]
name=Secsup.org $releasever - $basearch - core
baseurl=http://redhat.secsup.org/fedora/core/updates/2/i386/

[freshrpms]
name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms

[livna-stable]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/yum/stable
gpgcheck=1

[fedora-us-2-stable]
name=Fedora Linux (stable) for Fedora Core 2 -- Fedora US mirror
baseurl=http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/2/i386/RPMS.stable

[newrpms.sunsite.dk]
name=Fedora Core 2 NewRPMS.sunsite.dk
baseurl=http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/redhat/en/i386/fc2

[dag]
name=Dag RPM Repository for Fedora Core 2
baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag

[dries]
name=Extra Fedora rpms dries - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://dries.studentenweb.org/yum/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/dries

[ATrpms]
name=ATrpms for Fedora Core $releasever stable
baseurl=http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/at-stable

then run: sudo yum check-update

Then to install any packages: sudo yum install $packagename
Update your system:  sudo yum update

That should get you started.