Samba in var/log/messages

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sun Jul 25 14:56:38 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote/ha scritto, On/il 25/07/2004 16:04:

>Am So, den 25.07.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 15:57:
>

>>If i look in var/log/messages I see these lines .....and they are
>>repeated after some time
>>

>> Antonio
>>

>I answered you yesterday to the exact same question. I suggest you read
>what you get as a reply when you post.
>
>Alexander

I confirn that what I posted is exactly my smb.conf file.
I am surprised about no Workgroup declaration but it works and it
connects to any workgroup (both home and office)
Good suggestion about localhost to be allowed
No idea if I need Wins... ;-)
Iptables is on, I can surf my internal network with no problem at all

This is the output:
[antonio at Fedora antonio]$ testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

# Global parameters
[global]
        server string = Samba su PC233
        null passwords = Yes
        username map = /etc/samba/user.map
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        os level = 255
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        guest ok = Yes
        hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

Any comment??

--

 Antonio

 Working with  Mozilla 1.7 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2