Keyboard issue

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 25 15:54:07 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 08:48:00PM +0200, J.L. Coenders wrote:

> Where can I set my keyboard type? Because the keyboard tool doesn't
> seem to remember it. After boot it is back to the old setting again.

I am not sure of what you are changing from and to.
The basic hardware level is most commonly set in:

  /etc/X11/xorg.conf

See the section:
   Section "InputDevice"
Mine has comments like:

    # To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
    # lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
    # keyboard, you will probably want to use:
    #       Option  "XkbModel"      "pc102"
    # If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
    #       Option  "XkbModel"      "microsoft"

And these lines in the InputDevice section:

    Identifier  "Keyboard0"
    Driver      "keyboard"
    Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option      "XkbLayout" "us"

There are window manager, font, language and locale issues
that may require you to tell us more.

Is this what you are doing.
   $ /usr/bin/system-config-keyboard
   * running ['/usr/X11R6/bin/setxkbmap', '-layout', 'us', '-model', \
   'pc105', '-option', '']

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	/dev/dull where insight begins.