Official support for user of graphics card VIA KM400 VT8378?

Edson Eustáchio eeustachio at terra.com.br
Sun Jul 25 17:21:30 UTC 2004

It works fine with VESA generic driver, but just when resources of 3D
acceleration are not required. When this is need, it does not work fine.
For example, I have problems to play DVD because every work is done by
CPU although I have hardware specific to do that.
This happen because the VESA generic drive is not able to use the 3D
resources of these cards.

So, I think I need to find a way to install this drives on my Fedora
but, if possible, without change the latest official Fedora's kernel.

Moreover,
I'm using xorg-x11-6.7.0-5.

Thanks a lot, Jim.