Test with Chkrootkit

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jul 25 20:41:38 UTC 2004

On Sunday 25 July 2004 11:36, Norman Nunn wrote:
>In checking the chkrootkit website, I noticed that chkrootkit had
> not been tested (or completed testing) with the 2.6 kernel.  Is it
> reliable for FC2?  I have some indicator that may prompt me to do a
> fresh reinstall and would appreciate input before I go to that
> effort. Clamscan did not pickup anything for me.
>
>Norm
I have an older (0.41) version installed here on this rahter well
protected box, and it has been run several times since I switched to
a 2.6 kernel.  It is not right now, seems a library it needs has been
updated and it cannot find the older one.  But it still does at least
half the checks.  I'd suspect a recent version (0.43) would configure
and make just fine.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.