Memory stick Medion

Asri Sulaiman azs at bom.gov.au
Mon Jul 26 01:54:15 UTC 2004

> Well, it's been found. All you need to do is mount it.
>
> Create a mount point at /mnt , I call mine 'flash'. For example 'mkdir
> /mnt/flash'.
>
> With the unit inserted, type 'mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash'.
>
> With any luck (no error messages) you'll now be able to write/read files
> to/from the device by reading from/writing to /mnt/flash.
>
> Remember to unmount the device before pulling it out: 'umount /mnt/flash'.

Fedora Core1 seems to insist on /mnt/flash as the mount point.

I added the following line to /etc/fstab

   /dev/sda1   /mnt/usb    auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

Then as non-root user, I can mount it and use it ok but,
once done, "umount /mnt/usb" take a long time to complete.
Some time after, both the directory /mnt/usb and the line
in /etc/fstab disappear and replaced by
   /dev/sda1     /mnt/flash  auto   noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

I have since capitulated to the system's idiosyncracy and
use /mnt/flash instead of /mnt/usb as the mounting
directory.

Cheers
-Asri Sulaiman