Wireless connects/nothing gets to internet

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 26 02:44:06 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 22:16, Scott Fones wrote:
> Hi all.  I've been using the same script to start my wireless card for
> months now and after coming back from vacation it no longer works.  I'm
> using a netgear wireless G card to a wireless G AP.  After running the
> script, I am able to log into the router using the wireless card and my
> browser, but no application can get on the internet.  I've tried all my
> browsers, yum, links, etc.  I can ping my router and everything comes back
> fine.  Checking /sbin/iwconfig yields the same result it always has.  I have
> a dual boot system and windows is able to get on through to the net fine, so
> its not the router.  I've double checked my windows and linux settings and
> they are all the same.  Does anyone have any ideas!?!
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Sounds like you have network connectivity since you can ping the
router.  I would assume that you have tried pinging yahoo.com and it
does not work.  Sounds like your resolve.conf is not configured
correctly for some reason.

Try pinging 216.109.127.28

If that works then is its a name resolution problem.  You will need to
figure out why resolv.conf is not setup correctly.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Were these parsnips CORRECTLY MARINATED in TACO SAUCE?