yum installs

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Mon Jul 26 03:36:41 UTC 2004

>Hi John, yum only "sees" the packages that are in the locations listed
>in /etc/yum.conf . The easy way is to setup yum to use Dag Wieer's repo
>which has slabotron.

>http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#B3

>Or you could add the local directory to your yum.conf temporarily with
>an entry similar to this:

>[local-directory]
>name=local directory
>baseurl=file:///path/that/contains/your/package/

>Run yum-arch from that directory to create the header(s) that yum uses.
>Then run yum update as usual and it will pick up your package.

>Wayne Steenburg

Wayne~
Thanks for the reply.  I tried getting to the dag repository and got this
message:
Damaged or Bad header.info from Dag RPM Repository for Fedora Core
This is probably because of a downed server or an invalid header.info on a
repository.

I'll try the local directory and see if that fares any better.

Thanks, again.

John