Memory stick Medion

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Mon Jul 26 12:20:38 UTC 2004

Aaron Schlaegel wrote/ha scritto, On/il 26/07/2004 08:17:

> antonio montagnani wrote:
>
>> I have a small question.
>> Why is the procedure of creating a mount point, mounting the device
>> etc fully automatic when I connect my digital camera?? what is
>> different?
>

> kudzu and updfstab handle auto-mounting of devices.
>
> Unfortunately, they don't automatically mount everything that is a USB
> storage device.
> Instead they mount devices that mentioned in
> "/etc/updfstab.conf" and "/etc/updfstab.conf.default"
>
> First find out the description as reported by kudzu, this is what is
> used to match
> in the updfstab.conf files.
>
> `kudzu -s -p -c HD`
>
> Note the description ("desc:") that is listed for the USB device
> (usually sda).
>
> Copy the flash section out of "/etc/updfstab.conf.default" into
> "/etc/updfstab.conf" and add a match for the description.
>
> device flash {
>     partition 1
>     match   hd CompactFlash
>     match   hd ImageMate
>     match   hd Flash
>     match   hd JumpDrive
>     match   hd MuVo
>     match   hd ClipDrive
>     match   hd "Generic Traveling Disk"
>     match   hd "Jungsoft NEXDISK"
>     match   hd "Memory Key"
>     match   hd IntelligentStick
>
>     match   hd UniquePartOfYourDescription
> }
>
> Once this works submit a bug to Redhat so that your description can
> get into the next update.
> Then, next time, it will "just work".

Let me see if I have your sugegstion clear compared to the other
friends' posts.
If I complete only the modifications you suggest, the Memory stick
should be automatically mounted/unmounted and seen in Disk management as
SDA....is it true???
Let me have your comment.Tnx anybody for great advice

--
 Antonio

 Working with Mozilla 1.7 on Linux Fedora Core 2