cracking winmodem issues pt 2: error messages - ?solution?

Art Ped cerenkov_fc2 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 15:30:46 UTC 2004

SOLVED.

Many thanks James for taking the time to compile the 2.6.7 kernel. I compiled it in the end and the slmodem-2.9.9 driver worked okay. It was a bit fiddly getting it going with Gnome, but now my modem works fine.

Now I just need to get some scripts together so that it starts up easily every time I boot, which shouldn't be much of a problem.

Art.

Original problem:
Building the winmodem slmodem-2.9.9 driver in kernel 2.6.6-x and kernel 2.6.5-x