nForce2 unified drivers and Fedora Core 2 (and a bit ATI Radeon 9600XT)

Thomas Bitschnau typo3 at bitschnau.de
Mon Jul 26 19:25:11 UTC 2004

Hi!

I tried to install the driver for my ATI Radeon 9600XT. That seems to
have worked, but I still don't have any 3D-acceleration. I think the
problem is the missing support for the AGP-Port.
Therefore I tried to install the nForce2-drivers (the board is an "Asus
A7N8X Deluxe") from nVidia. And thats the point I actually hang.
I got the sources and tried to compile them, which ends in a whole lot
of errors. A little research lead me to the point, that those drivers
cannot be installed in combination with a 2.6-Kernel.

Is there any workaround for this? Anyone having an idea how I get my
graphics card to work? For a xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log output look here:

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showpost.php?p=87129&postcount=167

Anyone knows if it is possible to install the nVidia nForce-drivers
V1.0-0274 in combination with a 2.6-kernel?

Greetings,
--
Thomas B.
ICQ UIN#: 28869987

"You tried it just for once, found it alright for kicks, but now you
find out you have a habit that sticks, you're an orgasm addict, you're
always at it, and you're an orgasm addict." -- The Buzzcocks