sound

Chris Hewitt fedlist at manordata.uklinux.net
Mon Jul 26 23:31:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 21:28, Mike wrote:
> I have a built in sound card ac 97 worked fine in fedora 1. Fedora 2
> detects it but no sound Ive checked everything nothing is muted or
> turned down low.
> I did install the new nvidia driver dont know if it caused problem or not?
> thanks for any help
> Mike

Mike,

I found that the issue with my Creative Audigy card and playing CDs was
whether analogue or digital was used. From information from the archives
of a mailing list I ran KDE and KMix, checked the Advanced checkbox at
the bottom, changed to analogue and everything has worked fine since.

HTH
Chris