How to Configure Qmail on Fedora Core 1 Server

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Tue Jul 27 16:28:44 UTC 2004

On or about 2004-07-27 10:06, William Hooper whipped out a trusty #2
pencil and scribbled:

>Fritz Whittington said:
>[snip]
>

>>At least one point, which is major to me :-)  Buried in the sample
>>configuration file for dovecot is a comment that the refusal to serve mail
>>for root is compiled into the binary, no matter that it seems to allow for
>>it in the configuration.
>>

>[snip]
>
>Just alias root's mail to your regular account.  That makes more sense then making multiple connections to different accounts.

If I were using SquirellMail as you are, then I can see your point.  But
I'm using Mozilla, and once I set up all the various users, then I have
all my mail folders separated by users, listed on one screen, and
everything gets refreshed automatically.  See my response to Alexander
for more comments.

--
Fritz Whittington
It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that. (G. H. Hardy)