How can I block IP address range with sshd_config

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Tue Jul 27 16:37:38 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 11:12, Michael Sullivan wrote:

> I looked through the man page for sshd_config for a way to block
> their IP, but I couldn't find it.  Does anyone here know how to do
> this?

Another option in addition to all the other good advice you've been
sent is to use sshd via xinetd and you can restrict access to
specific IP addresses/ranges, times of day, connection frequeceny and
the other options listed in "man xinetd.conf".  A typical
configuration to limit access to the 192.168.1.0 network would look
something like:

service ssh
{
        disable = no