Establishing a mail-only account?

david david at daku.org
Tue Jul 27 18:29:00 UTC 2004

At 11:19 AM 7/27/2004, you wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 10:55, Ding Li wrote:
> > What's difference between /bin/false and /sbin/nologin?
> >

>/sbin/nologin displays a configurable message that the account is not
>available, /bin/false does not. man login is your friend.
>
>--
>Brian Gaynor
>Precision MicroControl Corp.

Yes, Brian..... man login is indeed my friend.  The real problem is that I
didn't think to look there.  I googled stuff like
Linux Users, did man useradd, man pam, but never having typed in "login", I
didn't think to look there.

Man pages etc. have all the information; the problem is knowing where to look.

Everyday I learn new things.

Thanks

David