sos bootnet.img II

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jul 27 23:07:44 UTC 2004

adel.essafi at laposte.net wrote:
> plz , what is the command line that i should use
> thanks

You need to get bootdisk.img AND drvnet.img.  Then get two floppies and:

	dd if=bootdisk.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k

Label that disk as the "boot" disk.  To build the network disk, put the
second blank floppy in the drive and:

	dd if=drvnet.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k

Label that disk "network drivers".  Boot using the FIRST floppy.  At the
"boot:" prompt, use:

	linux dd

That will cause the system to ask for the SECOND floppy so it can load
your network drivers.  You should then be able to do the network install
you want (FTP, NFS or HTTP).
-    Overweight:  When you step on your dog's tail...and it dies.    -