system clock is too slow

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 23:33:57 UTC 2004

Gang Qin wrote:
> My FC2's system clock is very slow, every hour it loses more than 30 min
> when the system is running, is there a way to find out the reason and
> correct it? Thanks.

What sort of motherboard do you have? What sort of hard drives and CDs,
and how are they connected?

Does it make any difference how busy the system is? What happens if you
leave it doing nothing for an hour? (Try running init 1 to really shut
down background processes).

Can you do a couple of "cat /proc/interrupts"es on a really quiet
system, say five minutes apart?

Can you get hold of a DOS boot disk? Does the same thing happen in DOS?
(Try www.freedos.org if necessary).

There are other things we could look at, but that's a start...

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | "No, `Eureka' is Greek for `This bath is too hot.'"
westexe.demon.co.uk    |